Bar, Pub and Nightclub Injury Claims

Accidents in bars, pubs and nightclubs are common occurrences and sometimes lead to serious injuries. If you have been injured in an accident that was not your fault, whether you are a patron or worker, then you are entitled to pursue legal action.

YouClaim has a team of specialist solicitors with extensive experience and knowledge to make a claim against the owner of public house, bar or nightclub. We will assess your case and advise you on the appropriate action to take to help you make a successful claim.

To start your claim, contact us on 0800 10 757 95, chat to us using our online chat function or fill in our enquiry form and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Click on an option below to navigate this page:

Causes of bar, pub and nightclub accidents

There are many different incidents in bars, pubs and nightclubs that could cause accidents for both patrons and employees, more so when you take into account alcohol consumption. Common causes of accidents in bars, pubs and nightclubs include:

  • Drink spillages and broken glass on the floor
  • Poor lighting
  • Cluttered stairways
  • Defective flooring
  • Unsafe furniture

You could also suffer an injury if you’ve been roughly handled by door staff or assaulted by another member of the public. This is classed as criminal injury and you are entitled to make a claim under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) if you weren’t responsible for the violence. Our solicitors can help you make a claim in this way.

Landlord’s responsibility

The landlord who owns the pub, bar or nightclub has a duty of care to ensure all interior and exterior areas, such as car parks and beer gardens, are well maintained. This means they are obliged to keep patrons and workers safe from harm. However, sometimes the landlord can fail to spot or repair something that could potentially cause an accident - that is when you could potentially have the right to claim.

What should I do after an accident?

If you have been injured in an accident in a pub, bar or nightclub, take the following steps in order to support your claim:

  • Report the accident to a member of staff and ask for it to be recorded in the accident book
  • Collect the details of any witnesses to the accident
  • Photograph the cause of the accident, for example, the area in which you slipped
  • Keep a record of your injuries over time

How YouClaim can help

We understand how frustrating it can be to go from enjoying a night out to ending up in hospital with an injury. That’s why we will do our utmost to help you get back on your feet as soon as possible by assisting you in making a claim for compensation.

The rules surrounding personal injury can be complicated, which is why we will explain all technical processes in language that is easy to understand, increasing the chances of a successful claim while reducing stress for you.

Get started today

If you have suffered an injury in a pub, bar or nightclub due to the negligence of a third party, we can help you take legal action against those responsible. To start a claim, call us today on 0800 10 757 95, fill in an online enquiry form or speak to us using our e-chat function.