Accident at Home Claims

If you or a family member have suffered an injury due to an accident at home that was caused by another party’s negligence, you could be entitled to pursue legal action.

YouClaim has helped hundreds of people claim compensation for injuries sustained thanks to someone else’s negligent behavior. Our solicitors will provide you with support and advice throughout the entire claims procedure to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.

To speak to a solicitor, call us today on 0800 10 757 98, chat to us online or fill in an online enquiry form and we will get back to you.

Click on an option below to navigate this page:

About accidents in the home

Injuries sustained at home through the negligence of others can come about in a wide variety of circumstances, for example, via accidents involving defective products, such as Christmas tree lights or a household fire, poor workmanship carried out by contractors or dangerous facilities provided by a landlord or housing association.

Injuries can also be caused as a result of poor workmanship and defective goods installed in lofts or attics - to read more, visit our loft ladder accidents page.

Because of the wide-ranging possibilities of how one can be involved in an accident in the home, the injuries you may sustain are wide-ranging too.  Whilst many will be relatively minor, some injuries have the potential to be very serious indeed. 

If you have suffered an injury in your home because of somebody else’s negligence, you are entitled to claim compensation.

Who is responsible?

Establishing who is responsible for your injuries depends on the circumstances of your accident. If you are injured in your home due to a worker’s negligence, for example, unsuitable work, poor maintenance or dangerous clutter, they are responsible for your injuries. If an accident has occurred in a rented home, responsibility lies with the landlord if the cause of the accident is an immovable part of the home (e.g. a broken floorboard), while responsibility lies with the tenant for movable items or the furniture.

For injuries caused in private homes, whether you are a friend or family member or contracted to work there, it is the homeowner’s responsibility and they should have liability insurance as part of their home insurance cover. This means you should not be afraid to make a claim against a loved one as their insurance will cover the cost of making a compensation claim.   

How YouClaim can help

YouClaim’s dedicated solicitors will advise you on how to make a compensation claim. Our team of friendly legal professionals will provide guidance and support at every stage to ensure you achieve the optimum outcome for your individual circumstances.

Get started today

If you have suffered an injury in an accident at home and believe the blame lies with another party, then you will be entitled to make a compensation claim. To talk to a member of our team about getting your claim underway, fill out a claim form, use our online chat function or call us on 0800 10 757 95.