Road Accident Claims

Being involved in a road accident, whether as a motorist, passenger, cyclist or pedestrian, can have a significant impact on your life. If you have suffered an injury in an incident that was caused by somebody else’s negligence, we can help you make a claim for compensation.

The solicitors at YouClaim are experts in pursuing claims for individuals injured in accidents that were not their fault. To speak to a lawyer about making a claim, contact us today by either calling 0800 10 757 95, using our online chat feature or filling in the form located on this page.

Causes of road accidents

There are many ways in which a road accident and subsequent injury can occur. We have dealt with many cases over the years, including those caused by:

However your injury occurred, if it was somebody else’s fault then you are entitled to make a claim for compensation and should speak to a solicitor as soon as possible.


To read about road accidents involving cars, click here.


Accidents on the road that involve caravans can be more dangerous than those that only involve cars because of their larger size and lower control capabilities. There are certain guidelines to be adhered to by motorists who tow caravans to avoid the risk of an accident. These include:

  • Ensuring the vehicle is properly balanced and will tow smoothly
  • Only towing a caravan that weighs 85% or less of the weight of a vehicle
  • Ensuring the caravan’s lights are regularly checked

If you have been involved in a non-fault accident involving a caravan, YouClaim can help you make a claim for compensation for your injuries and incurred expenses.


To read about cycling accidents on the road, click here.

Lorries and Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs)

Accidents involving lorries and trucks are fairly common in the UK. However, they aren’t limited to incidents that happen on the road - those working in warehouses and factories are also at risk of injury from vehicles making deliveries.

If you drive a HGV for a living, it is your employer’s responsibility to ensure regular safety checks are carried out on your vehicle and you are not working excessively long hours, which can lead to tiredness and loss of concentration. An injury caused by an employer’s failure to reduce the risk of an accident will make them liable in a claim for compensation.

Likewise, if you are another kind of road user injured in a collision involving a lorry, you may be entitled to compensation. Get in touch with us today.

Mopeds and scooters

Mopeds and scooters are popular modes of transportation and, like all vehicles, there are risks involved for users. If systematic problems or product defects caused your accident, the manufacturers can be held responsible for your injuries.

You may also be entitled to claim compensation if an accident involving a moped or scooter was caused by the negligent actions of another road user.


To read about motorcycle road accidents, click here.


To read about road accidents involving passengers, click here.


To read about road accidents involving pedestrians, click here.


Tractors are generally designed for power rather than speed, and in most incidents where a car crashes into a tractor, no matter whose fault it is, the car is likely to suffer more damage. The drivers of both vehicles, however, are at risk of suffering an injury in such a crash.

Collisions involving tractors are relatively common as their low speed and and size can sometimes lead to drivers - either of tractors or other vehicles - misjudging manoeuvres.

As with any road accident, responsibility may lie with either driver or both parties. If you have been involved in a collision involving a tractor, our solicitors can help. 

Potholes and road accidents

The development of potholes on roads in the UK is inevitable given the varied weather conditions we experience. However, this is not an excuse for poorly maintained roads. When a local authority is aware of potholes on its roads and does not take action to repair them, they can be held liable for any accidents they cause.

It is the responsibility of local councils to have a system in place to ensure public roads are inspected and repaired on a regular basis. This system allows councils to define:

  • The frequency and method of road inspection
  • The types of defects that will be repaired
  • The timeframe within which the repairs should be completed

All councils should allow members of the public to report pothole damage and if they fail to act on a public report of road damage and this causes an accident, then they can be held responsible. This is also the case if damage is reported during a planned inspection and not adequately dealt with.  

Similarly, if you have suffered an injury as a result of an accident caused by a pothole on private land, the road owner or developer will be held liable as its maintenance is their responsibility. 


Can I claim compensation after losing a loved one in a car accident?

If you have lost a loved one in a car crash that was not their fault, you may be entitled to receive damages for your pain, suffering and loss of dependency.

Our solicitors have extensive experience helping families claim compensation after losing a loved one in a car accident, and as such you can expect us to work with the utmost compassion and dedication. We have seen first hand how distressing this is for everyone involved, and know that the last thing anyone will want in that situation is the added stress of legal proceedings. We will work to ensure you feel as little stress as possible.

Can I make a claim after colliding with a stolen vehicle?

If you have been injured in an accident caused by the driver of a stolen vehicle, it is still possible to make a claim for compensation.

For accidents in which the driver responsible is identified by the police, any insurance policy taken out by the owner of the stolen vehicle may be used to compensate you for your injuries. This decision will be up to the insurance company involved, but if they are unwilling to manage the issue or there is no insurance policy in place, you will be eligible to make a claim through the Motor Insurer’s Bureau (MIB), which deals with claims made by individuals who have been injured by uninsured or untraced drivers.

How YouClaim can help

At YouClaim, we understand how distressing it is to be involved in a road accident. This is why you will get nothing less than our full support when you decide to make a claim with us. We can help you recover compensation for injuries to you or your passengers, helping to cover loss of earnings and damage to your vehicle or personal property.

What’s more, we know communication is key so we will keep you informed of your claims progress every step of the way. 

Get started today

To make a claim for a road accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, contact our solicitors today. You can get in touch by either calling 0800 10 757 95, speaking to us via our online chat function or filling in our online form featured on this page.