Complex Regional Pain Syndrome compensation

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS) is a condition which leaves the victim with severe burning pains after an injury or accident. It is often suffered after a minor injury, and the pain suffered is out of proportion to the injury. It can also lead to hyper-sensitivity; meaning the slightest bump or knock can cause severe burning pain.

The recovery period can vary greatly; many people report that symptoms improve over a few weeks, months or years, whereas many people experience CRPS on and off their whole lives.

When CRPS is the symptom of an accident which was someone else’s fault you may be eligible for compensation for the subsequent injuries. To find out more, call YouClaim on 0800 10 757 95 today.

Living with CRPS

Any form of chronic pain is life-changing; particularly as you may struggle to care for yourself and your family, and you may be unable to work in the same capacity as before.

It was believed that CRPS was a psychological condition, however, it has more recently been discovered that sufferers experience genuine changes in their nervous system, leading to the conclusion that something, it is still not known what exactly, causes nerves to trigger pain for no apparent reason. 

It is likely that your employment will be affected by the condition, if you are able to continue working you will most likely have to take frequent breaks, take time off and many people have to find a different line of work which they can do safely and without issues. Compensation can go some way towards securing your, and your family’s, financial future.

Making a claim

All of our solicitors are experienced in working closely with individuals suffering from chronic pain, and we are skilled in providing expert advice, guidance and legal representation for anyone wishing to make a CRPS claim.

If your CRPS was the result of an accident at work, road traffic accident or you believe a third party is responsible for the condition, we can help. 

For more information and to discuss your situation in greater depth, call 0800 10 757 95 or fill out a claim form and we’ll call you back.