Child Accident Claims

All parents try their best to keep their children safe and protected but sadly, they are still vulnerable to being injured due to the negligence of someone else. If your children have been involved in an accident caused by another person, those responsible could be held liable for their injury. In cases where liability can be proven, your child could be entitled to receive compensation for their injuries and distress.

YouClaim’s experienced panel of solicitors specialise in handling child accident claims, and can help you pursue a successful case.

Damages can be used towards medical costs, treatment and ongoing care. Call 0800 10 757 95 or fill in our enquiry form to find out more.

Who is responsible?

Public areas

It is the responsibility of your local council to make sure that playing apparatus in playgrounds are in a good working condition, that pavements are not left in a state of disrepair, and that parks are safe for use. Depending on the area councils will also have responsibility for the condition of roads, paths and other highways.

At school

Children at a school or nursery will be supervised by adults who should be properly trained, and there should be the right ratio split between adults and youngsters, in order to reduce the chance of an accident happening.

On occasion, children suffer injuries as a result of poor supervision or because of faulty equipment of facilities. We have dealt with claims for children hurt in their school swimming pool or gym, or when taking part in a science lesson. We have also claimed for accidents during PE lessons and on school trips.

Read more about our school accident claims service here.

Get expert advice from YouClaim today

If your child has sustained an injury while under the care of another adult, you could be in a position to make a claim for child injury compensation against them.

You can get free legal advice by contacting YouClaim and speaking to a solicitor today. To discuss a child injury claim and your rights if you think you may have a case, call us on 0800 10 757 95 or fill in our online claim form.