Neck injury compensation calculator: how much could you claim?
The amount of compensation payable for pain and suffering following a neck injury, including whiplash, depends on various factors, and it is fair to say that no two claims are the same.
When awarding compensation, consideration is given to the severity of the injuries, the recovery period needed, and whether or not there are any permanent or long-term symptoms.
Your claim will also include consideration for financial losses and other expenses caused as a result of the accident – for example, if you have been forced to take time off work, it is possible that you could claim for lost wages.
To find out more about making a claim call us now on 0800 10 757 95.
What could your injury be worth?
Some of the guideline amounts for compensation for those who have suffered a neck injury are as follows:
- Mild injuries with full recovery from a few months to a year - Several hundred to £6,000
- Moderate injuries, includes chronic conditions and soft tissue damage - approx. £6,000 to £20,000
- Serious injury, possibly with fracture - around £115,000
- Quadriplegia - approx £260,000 to £325,000
Common causes include:
- Lifting, carrying, loading and unloading (common in manual work);
- Inappropriate chairs/desks/other office furniture;
- Working with intensive or heavy machinery;
- Regular stooping, bending, crouching (common amongst cleaners and gardeners);
- Trip and slip accidents;
- Sporting activities;
- Road traffic collisions.
- Accountant Injured as a Passenger in a Company Car - £6,300
- Multiple Injuries After Motorcycle Is Hit by a Car at a Junction - £20,000
- Whiplash After Bus Accident - £1,800
- Neck Injury in Taxi Crash - £6,700
- Whiplash in a Taxi - £1,000
- Whiplash after Rear End Shunt - £2,000
- Whiplash After Head on Collision - £3,200
- Whiplash After Collision
- Motorcycle Courier Suffers Whiplash After Being Clipped by Van - £6,800
- Rear End Car Accident Leads to Whiplash - £1,500
- Cyclist Suffers Whiplash After Car Swerves in Front of Her - £2,600
- Whiplash Suffered as a Passenger - £11,000
- Whiplash After Supermarket Car Park Accident - £2,100
- Whiplash Suffered in a Taxi - £6,700
How YouClaim can help
Once we have assessed your situation, your lawyer will be able to make a more accurate estimate of how much compensation you may receive following a neck injury claim.
If you are in the UK and would like some free, friendly legal advice, call us on 0800 10 757 95 any time of the day or night to talk to a member of our trained staff, or request a call back by clicking below.