Back and spine injury compensation: how much could you claim?
Estimated Average Compensation Amounts
Average back injury compensation claim amounts:
- Strains and sprains, good recovery - up to £8,900*
- Moderate back injuries - Up to £27,700*
- Paraplegia - up to £115,000*
*Note that this only covers back injuries such as the ones mentioned above. If you have suffered a spinal cord injury please click here.
Everyone will suffer some sort of back pain in their lives. Back injuries are caused by a wide variety of accidents or even poor posture. They can occur anywhere, including falls or trips the workplace, at home or in a road accident.
There are four main causes of back pain:
- Facet syndrome is caused by sudden excessive movement and often causes pain on one side of the spine only.
- Sacro Iliac Joint Disfunction is caused by a traumatic incident which affects the joints at the back of the pelvis.
- Slipped discs generally occur in the lower lumber region of the spine.
- Finally there are stress fractures of the lower spine which are often caused by overuse of the lower back in sport.
Once we have assessed the compensation claim for your back injury, your YouClaim solicitor will be able to make a more accurate estimate of how much you are likely to receive in compensation. If you are in the UK and would like some free friendly advice, call us on this number, 0800 10 757 95 to talk to a member of our trained staff, or click "start my claim" below, fill in a form and we will call you back.